Easter is just a few days away, but there’s still time to include a great book or two for your kids! We’ve rounded up our top 20 picks, suitable for kids of most ages.
1. The Beginner’s Bible: A favorite for families for nearly 30 years, The Beginner’s Bible covers 94 major stories of the Bible, with bright and colorful artwork and text perfect for reading together.
2. We are the Gardeners: This new picture book by Joanna Gaines is perfect for your little gardener and all the spring activities!
3. The Jesus Storybook Bible: Written by beloved author Sally-Lloyd Jones, and illustrated by Jago, The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the story of God’s love for all his children, and it’s even enjoyed by adults!
4. The Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story: Join the Berenstain Bear family as they learn that Easter is about more than candy and Easter eggs.
5. The Good Egg: From the bestselling creators of The Bad Seed, a timely story about not having to be Grade A perfect!
6. A Kite For Moon: Written by Jane Yolen and Heidi Stemple, and illustrated by Matt Phelan, this story tells the tale of a little boy who journeys through life to achieve his dream of becoming an astronaut, with the moon as his friend.
7. The Tiny Truths Illustrated Bible: A wonderful and unique new storybook Bible, The Tiny Truths Illustrated Bible will teach children of all colors that the Bible is one great big story, the story of God’s love for his children, and that they are part of his story too!
8. He Is Risen: Rocks Tell the Story of Easter: Patti Rokus shows us how by arranging a few rocks together, an entire story can be told!
9. I’m Going to Give You A Bear Hug: Written by bestselling author Caroline B. Cooney, this book is a playful and comforting bedtime book that imagines all the wonderful ways a child might give and receive a hug.
10. The Bad Seed: A New York Times bestseller, The Bad Seed is a charming tale of, well, a truly bad seed, and teaches kids that positive change is possible for each and every one of us.
11. Dress Like A Girl: In this playful and fashionable book about a slumber party, this book instills the idea that the best way to dress like a girl is the way that makes you feel the most like YOU!
12. The World is Awake: A Celebration of Everyday Blessings: Written by ABC News correspondent Linsey Davis with Joseph Bottum, this rhyming story is a celebration of God’s wonderful world.
13. Words To Love By: Written by New York Times bestselling author Rick Warren of The Purpose Driven Life, children will go on a kid-friendly journey exploring the power of words.
14. The Bible Explorer’s Guide: The perfect resource for visual learners, full of facts and photos on key Bible characters and places.
15. The Legend of the Easter Egg: This classic Easter book, with updated artwork by Richard Cowdrey, tells the story of a little boy who discovers faith, wonder, and love during the miracle of Easter.
16. Fiona the Hippo: The story of the adorable internet sensation, Fiona the hippo, from the Cincinnati Zoo, who overcomes the impossible with her plucky personality and “I’ve got this!” attitude.
17. Candace Center Stage: From beloved actress and author Candace Cameron Bure, comes the story of a little girl who loves to dance but encounters a few challenges along the way.
18. The Berenstain Bears Get the Job Done: The Bear cubs learn how hard work pays off in this Level 1 I Can Read book from the Berenstain Bears, perfect for young readers learning to read by themselves.
19. I Love You, Funny Bunny: A beautiful board book that tugs at the heartstrings as it celebrates the special bond between a parent and child.
20. NIV Adventure Bible: One the bestselling full-text Bibles for kids, the NIV Adventure Bible will take kids on a fascinating exploration through God’s Word.