Over in a Stable, written by award-winning author Suzanne Nelson, is a beautiful and engaging Christmas read-aloud for you and your little ones that tells the story of the nativity, featuring the memorable counting and cadence of the beloved classic poem “Over in the Meadow.”
Over in a stable, though the hour was growing late,
grazed one mother sheep and her fleecy lambs eight.
“Give,” said the mother.
“We give,” said the eight.
And they gave their hay to make a bed to rest a King so great.
With vibrant illustrations from artist Aleksandar Zolotic and gorgeous verse by award-winning author Suzanne Nelson, Over in a Stable counts up from one little drummer boy to ten little children, showing the animals and people who gathered to celebrate the arrival of baby Jesus on that miraculous night in Bethlehem.
Over in a Stable:
- Features rhyming text from award-winning author Suzanne Nelson that matches the counting and cadence of the classic poem “Over in the Meadow”
- Is an engaging read-aloud for children ages 4 to 8 and the parents and grandparents that love them
- Is a great book for use at church or school services
- Makes a perfect Christmas gift
- Cover shines with glitter accents