This joyful journey through an ordinary day inspires children to be thankful for all of God’s blessings that surround them. From blooming flowers in the backyard to the roaring animals at the zoo … the world is awake!
Written by ABC News correspondent and bestselling author Linsey Davis and paired with lush, whimsical illustrations by Lucy Fleming, The World Is Awake for Little Ones: A Celebration of Everyday Blessings is a lyrical walk through a day filled with love as seen through the magnificent world of our Creator. Engaging and uplifting, this board book reminds young children they are safely cradled in the hands of God, surrounded by all his wonderful blessings.
This is the day the Lord has made. A butterfly floats through the sun and the shade, while dragonflies flit past the flowers and trees and grasshoppers hop in the soft morning breeze.
The World Is Awake:
- Combines ABC News correspondent Linsey Davis’s lyrical rhymes with Lucy Fleming’s whimsical art
- Is an inspiring and reassuring story for boys and girls about being thankful for the everyday blessings that surround them
- Is the perfect read-aloud board book for young kids
Awards and reviews:
- Winner of the 2019 Christopher Award, Books for Young People Category
- Named a Top 10 Children’s Picture Book by Focus on the Family in 2018
“This lovely book extends the uplifting sentiment of Psalm 118:24 by following a pair of siblings through their day, and framing the story with the Bible verse itself: 'This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.' A little brown-skinned girl and her brother (the boy narrates) look outside onto a yard alive with butterflies, dragonflies, grasshoppers, and bees…this is indeed an Edenic appreciation of the world.” - Booklist
“Together this trio has created a joyous book that communicates the beauty in everything, reminding readers to appreciate ordinary events and occasions, as well as Earth’s animals and other natural wonders.” - Publishers Weekly