Perfect for kids 8 and up who love unique animals and weird wildlife, or simply like reading about strange things, Creepy Creatures and Bizarre Beasts from the Bible presents all the unbelievable-yet-real sea monsters, multiheaded mammals, flying women, evil lizards, and more that appear throughout the Old and New Testaments, as well as the odd occurrences and miracles where animals were involved. With biblically accurate information and kid-friendly language—as well as large black-and-white illustrations throughout—kids will see the Bible in a new and engaging way.
Flying lions, crocodile-like cows, fire-breathing horses, and … unicorns and dragons? Surprisingly, these things are mentioned in the Bible (well, at least unicorns might be), and they are possibly even stranger than you’ve imagined. This booktakes you up close and personal as you explore the stories behind each incredible creature, as well as explores the real-life facts behind stories such as Noah’s Ark and Jonah’s big fish encounter—like what it might have really smelled like in there. From what each beast may have actually looked like in visions to what the Leviathan and, yes, the unicorn might actually be in real life, each page explores the Bible like never before, with illustrations that make it come alive.
Creepy Creatures and Bizarre Beasts of the Bible:
- contains biblically sound information in language kids can relate to
- looks at what the mysterious creatures mentioned in the Bible might actually be and look like, based on theological research
- works as an age-appropriate introduction to biblical facts for any child 8 to 12
- contains large text and an open page design, along with lots of detailed illustrations, making it perfect for reluctant readers
- is part of the 2:52 series of books, which focuses on becoming more like Jesus as described in Luke 2:52