God, I Feel Scared
Kids have big feelings, but none of their feelings are too big for God. In this picture book from licensed counselor Michelle Nietert and Tama Fortner, young readers will explore what it means to feel scared and discover how to manage their emotions in a healthy way.
Scared is a feeling that can be hard to face, but if we listen to it, we can learn things about ourselves. InGod, I Feel Scared, children will discover that it’s okay to be scared and that God is with us in all things, including fear. With simple, accessible text, scared becomes an emotion thatkids don’t need to avoid and instead something they can use to better understand themselves and grow closer to God. The bright, emotive art by Nomar Perez will draw kids in, and a note in the back provides tips and techniques parents and caregivers can use to help young children process their feelings in a beneficial way.
God, I Feel Scaredteaches kids ages 4 to 8 how to:
- Identify the feeling of fear and recognize things that can make them feel scared
- See signs of fear in others
- Develop techniques to manage fear
- Embrace fear and new experiences without letting it overwhelm them
- Talk to God about their feelings
God, I Feel Scared?is perfect for:
- Helping young kids develop positive ways to manage and name their feelings
- Children dealing with changing emotions, new experiences, or anxiety
- Family read-aloud time
- Supporting good communication and mental health habits at an early age
Check out the other picture book in the God, I Feel series—God, I Feel Sad.