‘Twas the Season of Lent is a 40-day devotional and storybook that explores the life, words, and works of Jesus and encourages families to draw closer to God during the Lenten Season. From beloved author Glenys Nellist, this book focused on Jesus’s mission to the least, the lost, and the lonely, with each story and accompanying prayer prompt encouraging children to try to be more like Jesus and to do what God calls them to.
Written in both prose and poetry, this gorgeous picture book shares the true story of the days leading up to Christ’s death and resurrection. The read-aloud rhymes and stunning illustrations by Elena Selivanova make this a perfect read for the whole family during the Lenten season. With an eye-catching cover decorated in shining foil and embossing, this book is designed to be a treasured tradition for families and church ministries for the Lenten season for years to come.
‘Twas the season of Lent, when for forty whole days
The people were trying to think of new ways
To be more like Jesus—to love, care, and give,
In hopes that they’d choose the right way to live.
’Twas the Season of Lent:
- Is written by Glenys Nellist, author of the beloved The Wonder That Is You, and the Snuggle Time and Love Letters from God series
- Is told in the lyrical style of Clement Moore’s iconic poem—“’Twas the Night before Christmas”
- Explores what the season of Lent is all about and how we can draw closer to God during this time
- Features a familiar rhythm and rhyme that children ages 4-8 will love
- Brings to life the story of Jesus’s ministry and the days leading up to his death and resurrection through Elena Selivanova’s beautiful, rich illustrations
- Is the perfect way for adults to share the powerful meaning of the Lenten season with the little ones in their lives leading up to the Easter holiday